Sign-up for the Sept-October Postage Stamp Quilt Charm Swap is running nicely, but we have lots of room for more swappers! Even if you just have one set of small charms to trade with one other person, you are more than welcome to join! It is a fabulous way to build variety in your PSQ charm collection. To learn more or sign-up you must visit the post titled September 2014 Postage Stamp Charm Swap Begins! Please do NOT try to sign up on this post, it will not transfer to my list.
And here are some great things to look at as you plan and consider what to do with your charms:
- Cutting Novelty Charms for Postage Stamp Quilts.
- Postage Stamp Quilt Block, my demonstration – simple way to start assembling your quilt that does not involve stitching tons of long rows of charms together.
- Not sure what size charm to use, or how many you need? Check out the Let’s Talk Size section on the Postage Stamp Quilt – 2012 Charm Swap Kick Off post. The dates may be old but the size info is spot on!
- Check out our Flickr group to see what other swappers are making! Lots fo inspiration.
- Check our Deanna’s great PSQ quilt tutorials Growing Up Odd and Film At Five over at Wedding Dress Blue. Two marvelously creative uses of charms!
A Swap for 5″ Charms, from The Amateur Quilter
Mike over at The Amateur Quilter runs a great swap–very different format than the PSQ swaps.
This round he is having people swap 5″ Scrappy and Low Volume Charms. Sign-up now, then get your charms ready using his easy directions, and mail them to him by October 25, 2014. You need two one-yard pieces of fabric that you will cut per his instructions. Once he does his sorting magic, you get back 56 sets of two charms each from 56 quilters. I’m in, are you?
© 2014 by The Curious Quilter, thecuriousquilter.net, maryeoriginals.com. All rights reserved.