My Readers’ Favorite Posts
- Make a Basic Quilted Mug Rug, a tutorial
- Quilting Humor
- Quilt Batting Basics - Baffling No More?
- Make Two Fun Halloween Mug Rugs, a tutorial
- Postage Stamp Quilt - 2012 Charm Swap Kick Off
- Postage Stamp Quilt Block, my demonstration
- ...Classic Squares Quilt Tutorial, Part 2: Finishing
- Quilts That Communicate Politics and History: Hmong and South American Story Quilts
Search This Site
- October 2016 Swap emails are on their way... thecuriousquilter.wordpress.com/2016/11/03/oct… 11 months ago
- It’s All a Matter of Perspective thecuriousquilter.wordpress.com/2016/10/22/its… 12 months ago
- October Charm Swap Signup Window Opens Today thecuriousquilter.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/oct… 1 year ago
Click to Find Me on Facebook!
Find me on INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST too!
Instagram ID: thecuriousquilter
Pinterest ID: acuriousquilter
Tag Archives: cotton
Behold the Postage Stamp Quilt. Simple squares. Not difficult to stitch. No rules to follow. Perhaps the ultimate scrappy quilt. I freely confess that I am an addict. I love cutting tiny squares. I started doing it when I was … Continue reading
Last year on the Fourth of July, I shared with you all the interesting things I learned about Betsy Ross. She was so much more than the folk hero who stitched our first flag. An accomplished businesswoman, shop owner, upholsterer, … Continue reading
About four years ago, someone gave me a panel of flannel featuring a camping scene by Holly Hunter. I immediately gathered more flannels and cut bricks to make myself a nice little quilt. A simple quilt, nothing fancy, so it … Continue reading
It is nearly impossible to think of Valentine’s Day without thinking of red or pink roses and hearts. Red is a popular color for fabric too. Truly brilliant red colors were seen in antique linens and wools. Egyptian tombs held … Continue reading
Looking for the CQ Batting Selection Chart? Click here. In the Northern Hemisphere, the hot summer is ending. If you are like me, you have spent the summer piecing quilt tops for beds and wall hangings, and have a lovely … Continue reading