It is time to signup for the September 2015 Postage Stamp Quilt Charm Swap! Please review these simple rule reminders:
- You can only be a NEWBIE once. After that, start gathering for the next swap.
- You can request which size charms you are interested in. Every attempt will be made to get that size to you.
- You must agree to send a Thank You email to your donor/s once the charms are received.
- You understand that your signup information will be shared, but only with your swap donor/s.
- You agree to not share your swap partner/donor contact or other info with anyone else and to respect their confidentiality.
- You may swap sets of 100 DIFFERENT charms in these sizes: 1.5 inch, 2 inch , or 2.5 inches. Charms must be cut from quilt-quality cotton fabric, not flannel or homespuns. ALL SETS MUST BE CUT and ready before you signup to swap.
- You may swap up to 8 sets in each size.
- You are asked to share sets of 50 charms for Newbies, which is a gift, not a swap.
- Over half our swappers are not in the United States, which makes for a terrific variety of fabrics. Everyone is expected to accept at least some International swappers (remember, our swappers who live in Malaysia or Australia always have to ship internationally, so it is fair to return the favor.) If you are swapping more than 8 sets, I suggest you accept at least half international swappers. If you package your charms in a legal size letter envelope, postage rates are often just the “oversize first class rate” Bubble mailers run the cost up significantly. If you are not certain which to do, talk to your swap partner about their mail service before you mail your packet.
- You understand that your signup information will be shared, but only with your swap partners and Newbies.
- You agree to not share your swap/newbie partner contact or other info with anyone else and to respect their confidentiality.
- Angels needed! Please leave a note in the comment section at the end of the signup form (not on this post) if you have some extra sets in case I need “angels” to help round out a swapper’s sets, or replace a lost one.
I am serious about the confidentiality factor, so no sharing info about one swap partner with another. People are banned from future swaps if they do so.
Likewise, failure to get your packets delivered to your partners in a reasonably timely fashion can get you blocked from future swaps. If you have a problem, please let me know, or your partners.
And FINALLY: The point of the swap is to have fun and build the variety of your stash on your way to creating a postage stamp quilt. Everyone has different tastes, budgets, and cutting skills. Please accept your charms with a quilter’s grace, and leave the quilt police out of it. HAVE FUN!
This has changed this round. DO NOT signup in the comment/reply section below, just share your excitement over the swap there!