The first of two Postage Stamp Quilt Charm Swaps for 2013 will begin in a month. A sign-up post will be coming out on March 15th, with complete instructions for joining the fun. You will have from 3/15/2013 to 3/22/2013 to sign-up once it opens.
While the complete rules and details will be spelled out in that March 15th post, you can refer to the 2012 PSQ Basics for more detail.
If you are new to the gloriously addictive world of Postage Stamp Quilts, I encourage you to check out our Flickr pages to see some of the wonderful creations participants made last year!
I encourage you to start cutting and packaging up the sets you wish to send to other quilters. Refer to The Basics for more info, but the simplified steps are:
- Select your charm size, choosing from 1.5, 2, and 2.5 inch squares. (see The Basics)
- Cut sets of 100 UNIQUE fabric charms, no duplicates. All should come from 100% cotton fabric of good quilting quality. No flannel or homespuns are permitted. Solids are allowed, but please try to limit them to 10% or less of the set. Fussy cut novelties add a lot of fun to finished quilts.
- You may swap from 1 to 10 sets of 100 fabrics in any swap. If you have 10 sets, you can swap with 10 other quilters from around the world!
- Have your sets ready before the sign-up period starts.
- To sign-up, complete the instructions on the March 15, 2013 post. Please do NOT make special requests, offer to swap directly with another quilter, or share names when you get your swap partners assigned.
- Newbies who have not previously participated can ask for a Newbie Set, see The Basics.
- After the sign-up closes, with help from a couple of friends, the swap matches will be made and emailed to all participants. This can take two weeks to get through, if a lot of people sign up! Please be patient.
- When you receive your swap partner email list, you can contact them directly to exchange mailing information. Please ship your little packages and envelopes off asap!
- And yes, you guessed it, there is more to it, so do read The Basics if you did not swap in 2012!